Although Congress’ IQ rose tremendously upon the departure of Michelle Bachmann, Louis Gohmert has been doing his best to push it into the single digits. What really excites me today, though, is his announcement that he will be challenging Boehner for Speaker because Boehner is just too radical. Why, he actually even accomplished a few things in the last term!
Seriously, this is a fight worth watching, as the Republican party implodes and turns even more into the “Stupid Party”. I can’t wait to see what happens.
But for now, allow me to point out Louis Gohmert‘s Top Ten Stupidest Comments. (And it wasn’t difficult to come up with ten):
- Women are having “terror babies” here in the US, then sending the kids off to be trained as terrorists so in twenty years or so they can come back here legally and kill us all!
- Radical Islamists are entering America by posing as Latinos (because, really, who can tell these dark-skinned people apart?).
- Gay marriage clearly will lead to the legalization of bestiality and pedophilia.
- The Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated and runs the White House.
- Vaccines are evil, not because of worries about autism, but because they will allow for people to live longer against God’s will, and soon the world’s population will be at a staggering 700 million! (Note: It’s currently about 900% larger than 700 million.)
- The Aurora, Colorado gun massacre was God’s will, punishing us for keeping God out of the classroom.
- Gays in the military is a terrible idea because they’ll be so busy giving each other massages that they won’t be able to defend us.
- Obama’s immigration policy is the real “War on Women” because it allows immigrants to come over the border and rape our women.
- The Keystone pipeline is important because it allows caribou to have a warm place to mate (because for the millions of years prior to a pipeline, they never mated. Oops! Sorry. Gohmert doesn’t believe in science. Make that 4,000 years.).
- “The attorney general will not cast aspersions on my asparagus!” (Yes, he said that on the floor of Congress.)
So go to it, Republicans! Make Gohmert the symbol of your party. We won’t mind.