According to a new poll from PPP, 30% of Republicans favor bombing Agrabah.
As any Disney fan will tell you, Agrabah is the completely fictional made-up country where Aladdin lives. But hey, it sounds Muslim and if there’s one thing Republicans love, it’s bombing things, even when they don’t have a reason to do so.
I am not making this up.
These are the people who are supporting another cartoon character named Donald Trump for president. These are the people who are willfully stupid and proud of it.
There are other revealing results in this poll which are just as disturbing:
- 28% support the policy of putting Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WW II
- 46% support a national database for all American Muslims
- 54% support banning all Muslims from entering the United States
- 36% believe Trump’s lie that thousands of Muslims in New Jersey cheered after 9/11
On the other hand, even the most conservative among us believe in reasonable gun control (despite what the NRA tells you):
- 79% support a criminal background check for anyone wanting to buy a firearm
- 80% support preventing anyone on a terrorist watch list from buying a firearm
Bottom line: We’re dealing with a party that has been taken over by bigots who believe lies and hate the United States Constitution. And they seem quite proud of it, too.
Michael, I just woke up. I shook my head so hard, both eyeballs landed in the same socket – then one popped out and rolled down the hall. This is on you.
Or maybe Obama.
I can’t really decide.
I support a National Directory. It would list the name, address, and (especially) denomination (Sunni, Shia, Ahmadiyya, and Sufi) of every Muslim and mosque in America. The directory would be distributed to every Muslim in America. And let the fun begin.