Ho hum. So what’s in the news today? Another school shooting? A child killed? Three dead?
Nobody cares about that any more, don’t you know? We hardly even notice these things any more. Well, unless the killing is committed by a Muslim — then it gets attention.
This is the new normal, where crazy people can get guns easily and instead of stopping the problem at its core like every other modern nation has done, we just chalk it up to the cost of living in America. After all, what’s more important, the lives of children or the right to own deadly weapons?
Seems that question has been answered.
I used to post about these every time they happened, and I referred to it as the “Gun Control Shuffle”:
1. Have a mass shooting.
2. Bury the dead and cry.
3. Politicians talk about the need for gun control so this never happens again.
4. Gun manufacturers, through their lobby group the NRA, warns that the government is out to take everyone’s guns.
5. Gun lovers buy lots of guns because they believe the NRA and the right-wing media.
6. Gun manufacturers’ income skyrockets.
7. Gun manufacturers use this money to bribe politicians through their lobby group, the NRA.
8. Despite overwhelming public support, no gun control passes.
9. Another mass shooting occurs.
Repeat every few months.
I got tired of posting it, because instead of repeating every few months, it got to be every few weeks.
But apparently that’s the world we want to live in now.