“I’m being discriminated against!” MAGA-hat-wearing Trump supporters claim, as people refuse to serve them or treat them with respect.
- It’s not discrimination
- They’re complete hypocrites
- Suck it up, losers
It’s not discrimination. As Frank Zappa once said, “It’s okay to discriminate against assholes, because nobody was born an asshole.” And that’s why treating these people terribly is not discrimination — they chose to have this position. They made a conscious choice not only to support Trump but to do so publicly and in everyone’s face.
If you wear that hat, to many loyal Americans, it means that you support:
- A corrupt and criminal President whose personal lawyer, campaign manager, top campaign aide, top campaign adviser, national security adviser, and political adviser are either in jail or under indictment — and so would Trump be if he were not President;
- An administration filled with people who are either incompetent or corrupt;
- A President who alienates our allies while cozying up to our enemies;
- A President who has the support of the Klan and Nazis and who says some of them are “good people”;
- Separating innocent children from their parents and locking them in cages;
- Taking people who are legally applying for refugee status and treating them like criminals;
- Discrimination against gays and lesbians;
- Discrimination against transgendered;
- Discrimination against Muslims;
- Taking health care away from Americans;
- And Jesus, I could go on and on …
The point is that you chose to support this stuff. If you walk into my establishment with that hat, you may as well come in yelling “Jews will not replace us” like the Charlottesville protesters did. You may as well be carrying a Confederate Flag, have a Nazi armband, and a Klan hood on.
Damn right I don’t want to serve you. You’re an enemy of our country.
Even if you don’t support all of that stuff, then it’s clearly minor enough to you that you don’t care — which is just as bad. You don’t want to be associated with these haters? Then stop wearing their logo.
They’re complete hypocrites. These are the same people who think it’s perfectly fine to discriminate for things people have no control over (such as being gay) but when it happens to them, they think they’re being discriminated against.
Some right-wing haters have recently been kicked off Facebook because they violated Facebook’s terms, and of course, they’re all screaming that their 1st Amendment rights were violated (they weren’t). These are the exact same people who argue with a straight face that businesses should have the “freedom” to decide who to serve.
These sensitive snowflakes can dish it out, but they just can’t take it.
Suck it up, losers. You lost the election. Most Americans specifically voted against you. At the last election, most Americans voted for Democrats to replace you. Most Americans can’t stand you. Trump’s highest poll numbers are still below Obama’s lowest poll numbers.
Not only that, you Nazis and you Confederates lost your wars. You’re on the side of the Bad Guys, and that’s not a subjective standard. Your bigoted viewpoints are losing viewpoints that will be erased by history.
Sorry you don’t have a “safe space” you can hide in. Parade your hatred elsewhere; you’re not welcome here.
No shoes, no shirt, no service … and no assholes.
EDIT: This article was written after some MAGA-hat wearers were complaining that they were being harassed as they walked down the street. That’s the kind of discrimination I was thinking of. Discrimination in employment or in being served at a store is different, and would take quite a bit more time to explain.
“The point is that you chose to support this stuff. If you walk into my establishment with that hat, you may as well come in yelling “Jews will not replace us” like the Charlottesville protesters did. You may as well be carrying a Confederate Flag, have a Nazi armband, and a Klan hood on.”
How much of an idiot are you to even say that as I am Jewish and my family are survivors of the Holocaust. You sound like a Nazi propaganda new paper. If you only would actually research what you are writing instead of putting your opinion down as a story of interest… You know what they say, dont assume because it makes an ass out of u and me … No exactly Unlike what Frank Zappa says.