There are a lot of theories out there about why Trump decided to betray our allies the Kurds. Among them:
- He has Trump Towers in Turkey and he wants to keep the Turkish government happy so nothing happens to his investment
- He likes the dictator who currently runs Turkey, who is his kind of guy
- Putin wanted him to do this and he does anything Putin wants
The one theory to explain why he did this that we know is not true? “He did this because he was acting in the best interests of the United States.”
Being the stable genius that he is, he explained his actions thusly (artist’s recreation):
Two other possibilities:
1) This is a play for oil by Russia, set up by a traitorous Trump, to gain influence in the oil-bearing regions of the Middle East in Kurdistan.
2) This is Trump trying to manipulate the media’s attention away from Ukraine and impeachment.