But that’s not true. People like me don’t ridicule and persecute Christians. We ridicule and persecute unamerican assholes.
When religious people insist on forcing everyone else to live by their religious beliefs in America, they are assholes, and many Christians would agree with that if you mentioned “Sharia Law” to them. But when it’s their own religion, they have no problem in forcing their religious laws upon us.
The reason it looks like Christians are “persecuted,” Mr. Pence, is because they’re the only ones doing this. Jews in America aren’t trying to ban bacon. Muslims aren’t trying to make us all read from the Quran in school. Amish aren’t trying to ban telephones.
Every “attack” we may lodge at these Christians is done in self-defense.
- They want to take away the rights of women and force us all to live by their religious belief that a collection of cells is a person.
- They want to force us to say their prayers in our public schools.
- They want to use our money to place religious monuments in public places.
- They want to prohibit gays and lesbians from being married because they think their religion doesn’t allow it.
- They want us all to celebrate their religious holidays and ignore all others or else they claim there is a “war” on their religion.
- They want the right to discriminate based on their religious beliefs.
All we’re asking is that they leave us alone. None of us are trying to prevent them from living by their own religious codes. We just want to stop them from forcing us to live by theirs.
I have many Christian friends who are wonderful, loving people who try their best to live by the teachings of Jesus and who would never think to force others to live by their rules. The ridicule and “persecution” is not against Christians.
It’s against unamerican assholes like the Vice President.